Wednesday, August 20, 2008

planes

as we walk out the theatre
i tell you it was something beautiful
and you call me naïve at a pause on the stairs

at my building i do not ask you to come up
you have an early start

i already know
do not worry, i already know

“you’re getting on a plane tomorrow”
i say into your shoulder , and you say into mine
“yeah, I get on planes all the time”

you are unmoved
gravel
a line on the road

our stories plummet and drop
our arms fall back to their own sides

and we already know
no need to worry, we already know

i watch your red t-shirt cross the road
my heart illuminating your back like a street light
while i am stilll and my eyes are too open

wandering if it is something beautiful
loving you in a way you think is naïve

you already know
i should not worry, you already know

you send me a message with one word:
‘grace’

it is not like our stories
you are not there
do not worry, i already know

in my bed
our plane crashes over and over all night

No comments: